Styling: Alex Walls, Photography: Sophie Bayly
When it’s finally time to get back to work, the transition from sunblock to spreadsheets can be a difficult one.
With a new year ahead, we're making it a goal to create and maintain a calming, minimal workspace - free from clutter - where we can reflect and re-focus. With this Room Reveal we wanted to turn the humble office into a place that inspires creativity rather than dread… with plenty of pieces to get you back into work-mode and pump up your productivity.
It's going to be a good year!
The first step to workstation bliss is remove the mess and mayhem. Applying a neutral coat of paint, like Dulux Okarito, can also help to freshen up a dreary desk setting.This fresh, clean palette coordinates nicely with some of our favourite white accessories – a faceted Arnold Circus stool for stacking reference material, a plush sheepskin for long hours spent sat at my desk, and a sophisticated frost globe light to ensure my workspace is always well-lit.
We love using ceramic mugs, vases and bowls as a more beautiful alternative to boring office stationery solutions. Fill them up with your favourite pens + objects to keep your surface tidy.Don’t forget to add a personal touch – like something you love to look at. This Linear Portrait Art is a peaceful distraction, while the added olive rug and cane Wilbur Chair provide some homely comfort as the work gets done.
- Wall and Floor: DULUX OKARITO
- Trestle Desk – from TradeMe, $229.99
- A&C Frosted Globe Light, $169.99
- Fergus Planters – Small $54.99, Large $74.99
- Latte Cup (as pen holder), $37.99
- Jute Rectangular Placemat, $12.99
- Spiral 2019 Diary, $79.99
- Linear Portrait Framed Art, $449.99
- Clay Serving Bowl, $64.99
- S’well Drink Bottle, $79.99
- Candle, $49.99
- Wilbur Chair, $999.99
- Icelandic Sheepskin, $269.99
- Arnold Circus Stool, $249.99
- Selection of Books, priced from $49.99
- Pink Ceramic Mug, $29.99
- Olive Floor Rug, $1,799.99