I look forward to Easter every year because it provides a great excuse to take some time out with family and enjoy eating extravagantly together over a special long weekend. While a lamb roast would traditionally be at the centre of such a celebration, this year I’m drawn to the idea of a beautiful Easter brunch, complete with warm baked eggs (see my recipe below), plenty of hot coffee and maybe a few chocolate Easter eggs and hot cross buns to finish off!
Bringing this brunch to life, our Room Reveal is anchored around the family dining table and features all the earthy, organic tones the change in season brings. To me, Autumn is beautifully captured in a natural palette of rich browns and greens, so Dulux Tongariro was the perfect paint colour for our walls – with its warm undertone helping to create a serene, welcoming space.
In accessorising, we focussed on combining a variety of natural elements – from the flax linen table cloth in olive green, to the handcrafted black clay La Chamba cookware (which presents beautifully from the oven straight to the table). Wild foliage of Konifer and Eucalyptus, along with a few fresh eggs placed around the table tie back to the Easter theme. I just love how the colours and textures have come together to reflect the changing season outside!
Alex's Baked Eggs Recipe:
Serves for 2-4
- 1 Spanish onion peeled and diced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 chorizo sausages sliced lengthways then cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Handful of Corriander
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 400g canned spicy kidney beans
- 4 eggs free-range
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1 Cup of Cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced).
- In a frying pan, cook and lightly brown onion, garlic and 1 tbs of chopped almonds in the frying pan with olive oil.
- Add sliced chorizo and fry until golden.
- Add canned tomoatoes and kidney beans.
- Add chopped corriander to the mixture.
- Place tomato mixture in ovenproof plate, scatter grated cheese, and then crack the raw eggs directly on to the mixture
- Bake on fan bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are baked or the egg whites are white.
- Serve with toasted sourdough or ciabatta, toasted almonds and fresh coriander
Shop the collection:
Walls: Dulux Tongariro
Floor: Dulux Okarito
Vaasa Oak Dining Table priced from $1,599
A&C Linen Tablecloth in Olive priced from $89.99
A&C Linen Napkin Set $29.99
Cup Dining Chair $339.99
Terracotta Planter $14.99
MENU Salt & Pepper Grinders $139.99
Round Slate Plate $34.99
Round Slate Coaster $12.99
Rustic White Bowl $79.99
Hune Cutlery Set $399.99
Duralex Tumbler $5.99
Organic Mug in Sandstone $32.99
Teak Pinch Bowl $10.99
Stoneware Vase $39.99
Rustic Dinner Plate $49.99
La Chamba Pie Dish Small $44.99
Coffee Dripper $44.99
Styling: Alex Walls, Photography: Sophia Bayly