Styling: Alex Walls, Photography: Sophie Bayly
Baby #2 is on her way and as we might actually have our own house to set up a nursery in, I am more than excited about it! When we found out we were having a girl, it was straight to the drawing board to plan out my dream nursery.
I’m always quick to proclaim that I am not a “pink person”, but funnily enough, the colour palette I was drawn to was the subtle blush pink of Dulux Opito Bay. styled with my signature earthy tones of terracotta and olive green to create a beautiful earthy yet balanced palette.
As a winter baby, this one will be sleeping on our A&C Linen cot sheets, which a warm yet super breathable – and I love that the top sheet can double as a wrap! A lambswool blanket will keep her cosy on the chilly nights.
If there’s one thing I learnt from my first-born Austen, it’s that babies don’t spend a lot of time in their room at all. So, when it came to planning furniture, I kept it simple with just a few essentials: a day bed for me to stretch out on for night feeds and a bedside with a light for some low lighting.
To create a focal point on the wall, I gathered together a bunch of faux foliage and flowers to create a simple and pretty wall hanging which I don’t think will date as she grows.
Wall colour: Dulux Opito Bay
- Tate Velvet Day Bed, $1,899
- A&C Linen Cot Sheet Set - Terracotta, $139.99
- A&C Linen Cot Sheet Set - Stripe Grey, $139.99
- Hahei Lambswool Throw - Oatmeal $309.99
- A&C Velvet Round Cushion - Army $149.99
- A&C Velvet Large Cushion - Army $159.99
- Clarissa Cushion - Pink $99.99
- Arnold Circus Stool - Khaki $249.99
- Timber Harley Lamp - Small $149.99
- Icelandic Sheepskin - Rusty $299.99
- Te Oka Rug - Mangrove $679.99
- Coco Chanel - Little People, Big Dreams $22.99
- Essentials Teether - Old Gold $34.99
- Willow By The Sea Baby Oil $44.99
- Baby Bottom Balm $39.99
- Mini Willow Spray Stem - Tall $24.99
- Amaranthus Spray Stem - Cream $19.99
- Mini Willow Bush Stem - Short $19.99
- Transpire Inspire Carpet, Cavalier Bremworth
- Cot and octopus toy, Alex's own